The New York Times app provides in-depth, independent, original reporting. Our breadth of coverage reaches well beyond news and politics, and it’s a deep resource for topics that touch our readers’ daily lives, including opinion, arts and culture, business, tech, wellness and much more. The app is free to download.
The world, reported.
Read, watch and listen to original reporting by 1,700 journalists in over 160 countries. From breaking news and live updates to investigations and cultural commentary, The New York Times app helps you understand the events shaping the world.
Alerts that you select.
Be the first to know with push notifications based on your interests. Get caught up with morning and evening briefings. Go deeper on business, politics and sports. Know what to cook, read and watch. And read the latest by your favorite columnists.
Unwind with the Play tab.
New word, visual and number games arrive every day. Wordle, Sudoku and The Mini are free to enjoy, while subscribers have unlimited access to Spelling Bee, an archive of more than 10,000 crossword puzzles and more.
Your interests, inside one tab.
For You is where we recommend news articles, magazine features, games and special collections with your reading habits in mind. Whether you have a few minutes or a few hours, this tab is a destination focused on you.
Share up to 10 gift articles a month, even with nonsubscribers, in the app or online. And sign up for subscriber-only newsletters that go deep on everything from food, culture and climate change to parenting, health and politics. Plus, there’s more coming soon.
Today, at a glance.
Add The New York Times widget to your home screen and keep the latest headlines close by. Top stories will automatically refresh, helping you stay in the know throughout your day.
DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS
Enjoy everything we offer with a New York Times All Access subscription, which includes unlimited access to:
- Investigations, culture and analysis from News
- Word, visual and number puzzles from Games
- Recipes, plus advice and inspiration from Cookin
- Independent product reviews from Wirecutter
- In-depth, personalized sports coverage from The Athletic
Prefer News only?
See our subscription offers for further details.
PAYMENT AND AUTOMATIC RENEWAL TERMS:
IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEW YORK TIMES VIA THIS APP, PAYMENT WILL BE CHARGED BY APPLE TO YOUR APPLE ID ACCOUNT AT CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE. YOUR APPLE ID ACCOUNT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED FOR RENEWAL AT THE APPLICABLE RATE SHOWN TO YOU AT THE TIME OF SUBSCRIPTION EVERY CALENDAR MONTH (FOR MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS) OR EVERY YEAR (FOR ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS) WITHIN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE END OF THE CURRENT BILLING PERIOD. YOU WILL BE CHARGED IN ADVANCE. YOUR SUBSCRIPTION WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW EACH MONTH OR YEAR UNLESS IT IS CANCELED AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE THE END OF THE CURRENT PERIOD. TO CANCEL, PLEASE TURN OFF AUTO-RENEW AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE THE END OF THE CURRENT PERIOD. YOU CAN TURN OFF AUTO-RENEW AT ANY TIME FROM YOUR ITUNES ACCOUNT SETTINGS. CANCELLATION TAKES EFFECT AT THE END OF THE CURRENT BILLING PERIOD.
BY DOWNLOADING THE NEW YORK TIMES APP, you agree to:
- The automatic renewal terms stated above.
- The New York Times California Privacy Notices: http://www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
- The New York Times Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
- Apple Terms of Sale: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NewsBasic Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.